Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Is my workout working?

So I started working out at the start of this semester and barring homework and studying I get to the gym as much as possible to keep my workout. I am wondering if what I'm doing is getting the job done and if i should change anything. Following each workout I mix 20 ounces of water with monster milk. (all workouts are 3 sets of 10). So one day is Upper body. I bench then i incline bench followed by declined bench. I havn't really been able to up my weight on them tho. Then I do curls, followed by taking two weights one in each hand and extending my arms out to the sides coming back to the hip then lifting them straight outward to shoulder level Im not sure the name for these. Next I curl with from a seat and the pad in front of me using a barbell and some plates on the sides (not the large 45lb barbell). I then do short curls with my elbow on the pad rolling the weight to my fingers to work on my forearms. I work my triceps by lifting a weight behind my head, then hammer curls, and rope pull downs for my triceps. I sometimes do flies, and military press with free weights. I also do shrugs. The next day is back and i do shrugs, lat pull downs, upright rows, deadlifts, seated rows, one arm dumbbell rows, t-bar rows, and rope pull downs. The next day is legs; leg press, squats, whatever the opposite of extension are when you're on your stomach on the machine and curl your legs up, then lunges then i run stairs. After most of my workouts i try and run stairs as well as doing ab workouts. I'm just curious if i am going about this the right way. I'm trying to get stronger, gain weight and m to play hockey come june. Also how often should i up weight for workouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment